Re: Range requests

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-squid-dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:51:54 -0800 (PST)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

ISTR pdf files have their table of contents at the end of the file, and
when you've got the right version of acroread as a plugin it will actually
request the end of the file first. You may want to check this out.

BTW, acroread is notorious for implementing range-requests incorrectly.
They implemented a draft spec, and when the final spec came out they
waited well over a year to update the client. I'm still unsure if they've
updated the client. If you use acroread with Netscape 3.0 against an
Apache server it will work regardless of the acroread version because of a
clue that netscape gives Apache... but that clue is gone in Netscape
4.0... and there's nothing we could do (and still be standards compliant).

Dean

--MimeMultipartBoundary--