Re: cvs commit: squid/src client_side.c dns_internal.c

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 15:06:48 +0800

On Thu, May 11, 2000, wessels@squid-cache.org wrote:
> wessels 2000/05/10 21:05:24 MDT
>
> Modified files:
> src client_side.c dns_internal.c
> Log:
> DW:
> Benno Rice (benno@netizen.com.au) reports "two instances where
> read handlers were treating their fd_table read data as a pointer
> to an int and attempting to increment it, even though NULL was
> passed, or somesuch"

I"ve actually got a different patch which goes hand in hand with his
comm code tidyup. In a nutshell, I took the histogram counters out
of comm*.c and placed them in the DNS/client/ICP code. Then I only set
*N if its not NULL, so for things like kqueue which doesn't need this
information doesn't throw a NULL deref.

The code is sitting at home and unfortunately my access at home is broken
until at least next week. When things are back online, I'll put the patches
online for people to poke at.

Adrian