Re: diskd assertion

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:12:27 -0600

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Can someone care to explain the following assert?
>
> 1582 storeDiskdShmGet(SwapDir * sd, int *shm_offset)
> 1583 {
> 1584 char *buf;
> 1585 diskdinfo_t *diskdinfo = sd->fsdata;
> 1586 buf = linklistShift(&diskdinfo->shm.stack);
> 1587 assert(buf);
>

> What does it tell if it triggers? (which it does for me).
>
> Am I correct in assuming this is when you run out of shm memory?

Squid allocates one shared memory buffer for each cache_dir.

The size of the buffer is SHMBUFS * SHMBUF_BLKSZ. Its then
chopped into SHMBUFS chunks, which are put into the
linked list stack.

If you hit this assertion, it (probably) means there are more
than SHMBUFS I/O's pending. If you get a core dump, you
can print diskd_stats.

Duane W.