Re: libtool && automake

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:48:43 +0100

Duane Wessels wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > The end user experience doesn't change from
> > ./configure && make && make install
>
> And we include 'automake' and 'libtool' scripts in the
> source distribution? Are they /bin/sh scripts? Perl?

Why include the automake/libtool programs? Just run them before making a
distribution just as we today run autoconf. The only added requirement
is that developers should have automake and libtool installed if they
want to change the makefiles..

automake and libtool are a lot bigger than a "script".

/Henrik