Re: squid-2.4stable2 ?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 00:17:24 -0500

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 19, 2001, Joe Cooper wrote:
>
>>If you'll document COSS (just the bare facts of configuration is fine),
>>I'll bang on it here on Linux kernel 2.2 and 2.4 with a few Polygraph runs.
>>
>>Am I remembering/misremembering that you've made it asyncable? (Or
>>pretty close? I know I saw some async commits for COSS.)
>>

> Yup, it uses the POSIX aio calls. You'll need to find support for this
> somewhere. I know for a fact that FreeBSD and Solaris support it.

Hmm... Linux+glibc 2.[12] has POSIX aio (an apparent complete
implementation from looking into the aio.h include). But I'm hitting
compile errors:

/ars/squid-src/coss/src/fs/coss/async_io.c:148: undefined reference to
`aio_error'
/ars/squid-src/coss/src/fs/coss/async_io.c:154: undefined reference to
`aio_return'

I see these being exported from aio.h, so I don't know why it's erroring
during the compile.

Interestingly, if I don't enable aufs/pthreads during configure I also
get an error for aio_read--but not when I do. I'm confused, and will
have to tackle this tomorrow, I reckon. I'm guessing aufs does
something that makes aio_read 'findable' but not the other two. Don't
ask me to explain how/why.

Any suggestions? (Henrik, are you standing by somewhere? I guess you
know aio on Linux better than anyone else in this neighbourhood.)
                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances