Introduction

From: Brian Akins <bakins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:26:34 -0500

Greetings,

I work for CNN Internet technologies. We currently have a commercial
product that serves all the "static" content (js, images, txt, etc) from
here. We also have several squid boxes serving as well. See cnn.com,
all the references to i.cnn.net are served by this cache farm.

I am most interested in helping in the area of reverse proxy
performance. We have pushed a single squid instance to ~ 160,000
reverse proxy requests per minute. I think this number can be greatly
increased.

Thanks.

Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer