Re: cvs commit: squid3/src ESILibxml2Parser.cc ESILibxml2Parser.h ESIParser.cc Makefile.am cf.data.pre

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:48:07 +0100

Hi Henrik,

At 16.02 11/12/2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Serassio Guido wrote:
>
>>As you wrote in the bugzilla #1005 comment, "It is quite likely not all
>>users have all libraries for all parsers..", in MinGW the libxml2
>>libraries are not available (I have tried to build them by myself, but
>>without success), so currently the ESI support is broken on this platform.
>
>Yes, and we need to modularize this a bit allowing the
>administrator/packager to select which ESI parsers to build by configure
>arguments. As the modularisation is not libxml2 dependent but also applies
>to the other parsers it is a separate question.

There is another problem: libxml2 includes are not always in
/usr/include/libxml2, for example:

On OpenBSD and Solaris they are in /usr/local/include/libxml2
On MinGW (when I will find a ported package) should be in
/mingw/include/libxml2

Should we handle this during configure ?

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/