Re: [MERGE] Remove old .h file tests from unit-testing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 22:23:56 +0100

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 11:23 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> IMO, virtually all Squid sources should include (directly or indirectly)
> squid.h as the first include file. In my experience, this design is very
> useful for portability and other hacks.

We have two such files

include/config.h project global tweaks
src/squid.h specific to the squid binary

with src being split up a lot of the tweaking we have in squid.h either
goes to config.h or into it's specific module.

> I would rather see squid.h cleaned up (which is trivial) and
> SquidDirty.h file temporary introduced for those source files that need
> the current dirty include-everything squid.h. This way, virtually all
> sources, including test cases, can continue to include squid.h. Some
> will also include SquidDirty.h. Uses of SquidDirty.h will be slowly
> weeded out.

Good idea.

Or we could consider squid.h the dirty one, moving out the little tweaks
which is there to config.h or better places.

But it's a little tricky with some of the tweaks which depends heavily
on system.headers...