Observing packets in Squid

From: Michael Kaplan <michael.a.kaplan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:11:23 -0400

I think my original email may have been unclear, so let met restate.

Within Squid, I want to add a module that filters the traffic entering
Squid from the internal network sitting behind the Squid proxy dedicated
machine. Preferably this module would examine the traffic before Squid
takes much action, allowing my module to choose whether or not to pass
on the packet further in Squid for processing. Yes, I know this could be
done outside of Squid, but I have reasons for doing this within Squid.
Where within squid would be the ideal place to intercept these incoming
packets?

Thank You

Mike