Re: Spaces in ACL values

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:22:43 -0300

On 09/13/2012 07:16 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> 2) Add squid.conf directives to turn the new parsing behavior on and off
> for a section of the configuration file. This is also 100% backward
> compatible but difficult to introduce gradually -- admins will expect
> everything inside a "quoted strings" section to support quoted strings,
> and I am not 100% sure we can easily support that because different
> options use different token parsers.
>
> # start new quoting support section
> configuration_value_parser quoted_strings
> # now just use the new quoting support
> acl badOne1 user_cert CN "Bad Guy"
> acl badOne2 ext_user "Bad Guy"
>
> # restore backward-compatible mode
> configuration_value_parser bare_tokens
> acl oldOne user_cert CN One" "Two and Four"

2b) Add squid.conf directives _at the beginning_ of the conf file
to specify the parser behavior. So do not toggle and force the admin
to be aware of quoted strings and _must_ check the whole config file himself.
The default value of "config_used_quoted_strings" is "off".
This is still 100% backwards compatible without doing lots (?) of effort
to please everybody and every situation.

Marcus