Re: pinning_hier_note.patch

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 19:59:41 +1200

On 11/09/2013 4:32 p.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> What is the status of your pinning_hier_note.patch referenced below?
>

> http://master.squid-cache.org/~amosjeffries/patches/pinning_hier_note.patch
>
> I know the patch helps in some cases, but I seem to recall somebody
> (possibly you) indicating that it needs more work. Should the fix be
> committed (to trunk, at least) in its current state, or is that a bad
> idea for some reason?

It is not in trunk already, so probably just needed testing feedback to
confirm it worked properly. Its from a time before I had fully worked
out how pinning was working.

With my current knowledge I think its necessary to add. Although ideally
we should use the value from when the connection was pinned (in
ConnStateData::pinning.host).

I will apply that shortly.

Amos