Re: InvokeHandlers: NULL mem->clients

From: Mike Hamilton <mikeh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 19:52:41 +1100

> We have very often (almost once per second) this error in
> cache.log since we went to 1.1beta18. Any idea?

Here's a "me too" - I've just installed the upgrade a few minutes ago
and am experiencing the same thing.

Running BSD 2.1 here.

Judging by the volume of postings regarding problems with Squid on
BSD-derived systems (most of which seem to be memory-related), I think
it would be a great idea to draw up a few lines for the FAQ. I've
struggled through to the point where I can at least provide a few
"I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing-but-this-works-for-me" pointers, but before
making a complete idiot of myself I'd like to cross-check with others
who have been down the same road. Please email me
(mikeh@hamilton.net.au), and I'll post a summary.

Two tips for BSD users:

-- you probably want a new malloc library;
-- put aside some time to dredge through all the old postings on
http://www.nlanr.net/squid-users-archive about BSD and memory.

-- Mike

Mike Hamilton (mikeh@hamilton.net.au)

"It don't mean a thing, if you cain't get that Ping ..."