Info on Big Squids wanted

From: Jon Peatfield <J.S.Peatfield@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 06:07:01 +0000

I'm looking for information about Giant Squids ;-)

By this I mean any Squid (or Harvest) server (or collection of servers which
are peered) which handles over 2 million requests per day.

Anyone in the UK will probably guess why I want this information, but for the
rest fo you this is to try to add some fuel to the debate about one of the
centrally funded UK Academic cache networks, which currently uses NetScape
proxy, but the same hardware might do better with Squid (at least we could do
ICPs to it). They think that Squid couldn't cope, I disagree.

  -- Jon Peatfield (with cachemaster@damtp.cam.ac.uk hat on)

Jon Peatfield, Computer Officer, the DAMTP, University of Cambridge
Telephone: +44 1223 3 37852 Mail: J.S.Peatfield@damtp.cam.ac.uk