Re: problems with 1.1.1 (fwd)

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 12:03:32 +0200 (GMT)

Hi there

> G'day Oskar!
>
> Squid-1.1 uses a refresh model as opposed to Squid-1.0 expires model. The site
> you echopinged doesn't send enough information for Squid to know how long the
> info sent remains fresh; ie not even a Last-Modified:.
>
> To 'fix', get the site to send a valid Expires: header or change the value of
> min used in the refresh_pattern to something > 0.

=======================================
#Default:
#refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

#I am not sure that these still have to be here with cache_stoplist, but better
# safe than sorry
refresh_pattern cgi 0 0 0
refresh_pattern exec 0 0 0
refresh_pattern dll 0 0 0
refresh_pattern asp 0 0 0

refresh_pattern ^http:// 0 30% 8640
refresh_pattern \.gif$ 0 50% 8640
refresh_pattern \.jpg$ 0 50% 8640
refresh_pattern ^ftp:// 10080 20% 10080
====================================

Now if my logic is right, it should match on "http" and since it doesn't
contain a meta tag:

newt:~> telnet www.vodacom.co.za 80
Trying 196.7.72.14...
Connected to www.vodacom.co.za.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Netscape-Commerce/1.1
Date: Saturday, 11-Jan-97 10:00:57 GMT

It should be got in 8640 minutes?

        Oskar

'experience made art, but inexperience luck.'