Re: How to launch squid

From: David Richards <dj.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 09:15:47 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

        I believe the problems is permissions on the directories
associated with squid. Does anything get written to the log files?? Are
the directories get created in the cace directory??

        Try changing the ownership of all the directories and files that
squid uses, to the user specified in cache_effective_user. For example,
if cache effective user is set to: squid squidgrp

        Try the following: chown -R squid.squidgrp /usr/local/squid

        This assumes that squid has been installed in /usr/local/squid

Dave.

David Richards Ph: +61 7 3864 4347
Network Programmer Fax: +61 7 3864 5272
Computing Services e-mail: dj.richards@qut.edu.au