Regd access.log

From: Malla, Suman <malla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:04:14 +0100 (MET)

Hi All,

How do I know that an object is fetched from the proxy and not from the
real server? I want to know the amount of traffic (international i.e. if
fetched from the real server and local i.e. if fetched from proxy itself)
made by our proxy server. Well, I went thro' the docs and found two
interesting parameters Access Log Tags and Hierarchy Data Tags. After
reading the Release-Notes, I got totally confused. Should I check Access
Log Tag field or Hierarchy Data Tag field to find out the type of traffic?
Also, there are too many entries with NONE as a hierarchy Data Tag in the
access.log file:

8890293345.234 133 195.195.195.23 TCP_HIT/200 12312 GET
http://www.foo.com/ - NONE/- foo/html
                      ^^^^
What does this "NONE" mean? Nothing is said about NONE in docs.

TIA.

Regards,
Suman Malla

Point to Ponder: If our knees bent the other way, what would chairs look like?