Re: Cache Information

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:40:18 +0100

Richard Cieply wrote:

> Is this a cachemgr.cgi-bug or may a missconfiguration ?

Neither. mallinfo shows the status of memory allocated by the squid
process, not the status of the machine. The "Total free" is memory
allocated by the process, but not currently in use by Squid.

> top shows the correct amount of mem (127996KB).

I assume that is the amount of memory in your machine (minus the
kernel), and not the size of the Squid process image.