RE: browser authorization on parent

From: Armistead, Jason <ARMISTEJ@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:50:00 -0500

Erwin

The right thing to do is to allow requests from your "child" proxy to
not require authorisation from the "parent". That means that the parent
sysadmin will have to change his (hopefully Squid) config so that
requests from your IP address are passed through without the
authentication challenge.

Otherwise anyone with a packet-sniffer could just listen in and figure
your username and password in a jiffy.

Regards

Jason