Re: (104) Connection reset by peer

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:44:22 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Apiset Tananchai wrote:

> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:14:31 +0700 (ICT)
> From: Apiset Tananchai <aet@demo.ksc.co.th>
> To: Squid Users <squid-users@nlanr.net>
> Subject: (104) Connection reset by peer
>
> Hi all,
>
> I got several "(104) Connection reset by peer" report from my user when
> they try to access some site (which mostly run IIS, such as m$). The
> problem usually went away after reload or just press <back> <forward>
> button in the browser. I try to hack some codein to do something similar
> to what connection-retry patch do but have no luck getting it to work.

The retry patch works very well at fixing this problem. I have installed
that, and it works great. Don't bother reinventing the wheel :-)

> Do you have the same problem? Is someone ever done something like this? Or
> could you give me a hint where should I start. (I'm not familiar with
> squid code)

Yep, download the retry patch from ftp://ftp.comshare.com/pub/squid
It works great, and will increase your hit rate incredibly.

(Thanks again to Michael Pelletier for that patch)

> --
> aet
>
> "Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!"
> -- Bill Gates, 1981
> "Windows 95 needs at least 8 MB RAM."
> -- Bill Gates, 1996
> "Nobody will ever need Windows 95."
> -- logical conclusion

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/