Re: FDs on Solaris ...

From: Bertold Kolics <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:04:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> You should also #define SQUID_FD_SETSIZE
> in include/config.h to whatever you set rlim_fd_max to.
I don't really see, why the FAQ says this.

And what I miss from the FAQ that a system reboot is needed to activate
the changes in /etc/system. Hm?

> How can I shorten this procedure? How can I make configure
> detect 4096 FDs for FD_SETSIZE?

It is not important. configure just prints out the *default* FD_SETSIZE
value (which is defined in /usr/include/sys/select.h in Solaris).
The important number is printed out in the "Maximum number of
filedescriptors we can open..." line.

Cheers,
Bertold

--
Bertold Kolics * Computer and Automation Research Institute * Hungary
E-Mail: Bertold.Kolics@sztaki.hu * Phone: +36-13497532 * Fax: +36-13297866