RE: Squidge suggestion

From: Nottingham, Mark (Australia) <mark_nottingham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:18:11 +1000

Good idea, and very easy to implement (there's a class that does this in
WebLog). The only question is the best way to specify it.

The cleanest solution is probably #3, but that involves writing a parser for
cache.log (or looking at squid.pid and then getting the start time of the
process?). That would take a bit of doing, so I'd say #1 for now.

I will put in getopt like this:

-a (Archive): use access.log.0 instead of access.log
-i (stdIn): take logfile from stdin (so that you can cat|zcat logfiles into
it
-s (Start time): UTC time to start analysis

Start and end times in the display are easy too. Will do something tonight.

Thanks,