Access Control question

From: Finbarr O'Kane \(Sysadmin\) <finbarro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 20:03:59 +0100 (IST)

Hi

after browsing through the FAQ and doing various searches on the subject,
I have decided to pester you wonderful people to tap upon some of the
wisdom that lies buried within :)

We currently have squid-1.1 running which authenticates on a user/passwd
basis.

This is fine, but what we are hoping to do is to not only restrict by
requiring a username/password, but to also restrict by the hostname that
a current user is requesting proxied http from

ie,

user joebloggs , logs onto 'itchy', and sets up his proxies as usual,
authenticates and everything is fine.

if he then proceeds the log onto 'scratchy' then squid still lets him
through since he has provided a valid username and password.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to perhaps restrict this on both
levels then I would be most appreciative.

If moving to squid-2.0 is required, then so be it :)

Thanks in Advance

Finbarr O'Kane
Netsoc - Sysadmin