Re: force POST requests to be cached?

From: Perrin Harkins <perrin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 22:09:10 -0700

>Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
>> I am using squid as an accelerator, and just want EVERYTHING to be
>> cached.
>
>Then dont use POST when you don't need to.

Unfortunately, I need to. The amount of being submitted is too large for a
GET request.

>We have chosed not
>to spend time on supporting caching of POST replies since we could not
>find a good definition on when and how to cache POST replies, and the
>estimated number of cacheable POST replies are close to zero.

I'm using it under special circumstances. All of my POST requests are
cacheable. But, if squid doesn't implement this I will look elsewhere or
try to build it myself. Thanks for the information and keep up the good
work.

- Perrin