Re: Cache Digest rejection %

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:08:51 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> If a peer restarts, then it certainly makes sence that it reuses it's on
> disk copy of a remote cache-digest.

And it does reuse it. I was talking about the store (local) digest, not peer
(remote) digest.

> > Not sure if it is a desired behavior. We could disable
> > disk-resident copy just before we rebuild the digest if
> > that sounds better.
>
> Not sure what you are saying here.

The context was the problem when a peer gets our "old" local digest _while_
we build "new" digest. Fetching a soon-to-be-outdated digest can be
prevented by disabling the disk-resident copy during the rebuild.

Alex.