Re: Authentication by acl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:56:56 +0100

JORDAN.HRYCAJ@lhsystems.com wrote:

> Hi,
> in the hope of not being unpolite, the question here seems
> just to go into the direction I mentioned in the other mail
> (there is another thread with the same subject). The acl I
> provide does exactly what is needed to authenticate
> URL-based user access. It does not need any redesign
> of the acl architecture.

It does if you'd like a external program to check the URL, or
any other information.

The discussion with Arjan de Vet is about a more generic approach
to access control and/or redirection.

Everything I have said is based on the fact that Squid 2.1
already has per-user based access control. It is on how we
can move on from there, and not really what the situation
is in 2.0 which does not have per-user access control.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker