RE: Starting squid

From: Sparks, Alan <asparks@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:13:02 -0800

I like using the RunCache script. I run the script from the system startup
scripts when I boot. The RunCache script has a nice loop that'll restart Squid
if it falls over for some reason.

I assume you _could_ also run squid itself from the inittab with a respawn
option to get the same effect. But, you can't interpose anything else you might
want, such as resetting the umask or whatever.
-Alan