Squid with no cache..

From: CyberPsychotic <mlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:52:51 +0500 (KGT)

Hello people, I've got abit stuck with squid cache scheme:

I configuring my internal squid cache as following:

 users
 | | |
[ squid1 ] -------------> [ squid 2 ] ------> internet
| | |
  users...

I don't want squid1 to cache any objects, but fetch them directly from
squid2 (since squid1 has very few diskspace), which should care of all the
caching and stuff like this. I've configured squid1 with

acl dontcache dst 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
no_cache dontcache
.. and
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl local-intranet dstdomain mydomain.com
 always_direct allow local-intranet
 never_direct allow all

Everything works fine, but I see too much TCP_REFRESH_HIT in log files at
squid2 machine, I wonder if there'd be the way to configure both squids so
squid1 won't cache things, but will not tell squid2 not to cache things
until squid1 clients requested so.

 --
fygrave@tigerteam.net http://www.kalug.lug.net