Re: Squid at startup

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:14:19 +0100

Joel Taqueban wrote:

> From the Squid FAQs I copied the squid.sh with contents

> exec bin/squid -CYs

When running Squid from init you probably want to use these options
instead:
  -NYs

The -N option should be used when there is an external component that
automatically restarts Squid if it fails. Examples of such components
are init or the RunCache script.

> /usr/local/squid/bin/squid.sh: date: command not found

Check your PATH setting. It may be as simple as changing the script to
read
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:$C/bin

---
Henrik Nordstrom