Re: ICMP tcp port 80 unreachable [tos 0xc0]

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:37:55 +1000

Henrique Pantarotto wrote:

> Hello Henrik,
>
> I reinstalled Red Hat 5.2, which comes with kernel 2.0.36 and Squid worked
> fine. Then, I switched back to kernel 2.2.8 and those ICMP unreachable
> messages came back.
>
> Maybe there's something different at the 2.2.x Linux kernel.

I sense an understatement.

> But.. I ask myself.. hasn't anyone ever tried using transparent proxying
> with Squid and a 2.2.x kernel before??

Umm. You do have a rule to _not_ do transparent proxying on your _own_
addresses don't you? If 2.2.x is passing stuff back through that
rule-chain again for local and outbound connections, it could be messing
you up. (From what I recall, you're T-proxying FROM anywhere TO
anywhere, and 'anywhere' could include you)