Re: Email question

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 12:03:27 -1000

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 04:00:17PM -0500, ESnetDGM@aol.com wrote:
> I am new to this mailing list and hope this is not to simple a question so
> bear with me (Thanks).
> I have a server that has RH 6.0 /Squid 2.2. I am using this for users on an
> internal subnet to get access to an outside ISP through ADSL connection. The
> server has two interfaces that both work (eth0 and eth1).
> The proxy works great for all users on the internal network after the config
> of their web browser of choice. The problem comes when they try to access
> the remote email via that same browser. I can access the mail with a valid
> user name on the server but not on any other box on the network. Can anyone
> make any suggestions?

Yes, you need to install a proxy server for mail and for any other
service you want to use. Squid only proxies http, and ftp via http.

I recommend Peter Da Silva's plugdaemon at
<http://www.taronga.com/plugdaemon/> as being very easy to set up.
  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.