Re: allowing access to secured sites

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:43:30 +0100

At 21:28 28.11.99 -0500, Motley Fool wrote:
>NOt sure this got thru.

It did. But it was weekend, and some people (like me) were with
their families instead of reading squid-users.

>anyhow it is working fine except for when we try to get to like nationbanks
>secrued site to check bank account or authorize net to do our credit card
>transactions the sites will not come up.

Did you configure the browser to use your Squid as a security as
well as HTTP proxy? If you are using Netscape, did you vary the
capitalization of the proxy server's name between "HTTP" and
"Security" to avoid its "sending clear text" bug?

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)