[SQU] 2.4.PRE

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 Feb 2001 12:33:20 -0800

I'll start to slowly push a 2.4.PRE in production. It's for a proxy
machine that receives, during normal operation, about 10...20 requests
per second, so it's not very busy (and currently is running a commercial
proxy that sucks). The machine is a four-way MIPS12000 running
Irix-6.5.10 with 2 GB of RAM, and 2 x 9GB spindles reserved for the
cache - so the hardware should be ok.

I'm already using 2.4.PRE on some small proxies, on Linux and Irix, and
works just fine. Some of them were under heavy benchmarking (polygraph,
over 200 requests/sec) for many days in a row. Another one is my default
proxy - i'm using it for day-to-day browsing. No problem until now.

All i'm asking you is to tell me if there are any critical patches for
2.4.PRE that have to be applied before starting the test phase (that
will be Friday in the morning).

Thank you. Squid rulzzz!

--
Florin Andrei