[SQU] question about authentication

From: Li Xiang <lixiang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:41:46 +0800 (SST)

Hi,

I am testing the authenticaton module. Here is the problem I have met:

I am using 2.2.4 stable version. Following the config file, I entered the
NCSA directory and made the ncsa_auth module available.

In the squid configure file, I revised the authentication part according
to the comment.

In the acl part, I add these 2 lines.
acl registers proxy_auth src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
and
http_access allow registers

Now the ncsa_auth module works correctly, it can identify my user and
password. But after passing the authentication, squid tells me that I can
not go further for acl reason. Can anyone tell me what is the problem?

Thanks for your help,

Li Xiang
School of Computing
National University of Singapore