Re: [squid-users] CACHE_MEM ?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 02:27:06 -0600

No. If you're running with 60GB of cache_dir and only 512MB of RAM,
you're already going to be dangerously short of memory. Raising the
cache_mem would only cause problems.

If it were me, I would drop the size of cache storage to about 30GB or
less (or raise your memory to 1GB or more). Don't touch the cache_mem
unless you find that you are hitting performance problems. In which
case, you'll need to perform some other tuning first and increase the
real memory on the system (or decrease the cache_dir size).

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances