[squid-users] Staroffice and proxy auth

From: David Meleedy <david.meleedy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 04:45:04 -0400

I set up a Proxy Authorization scheme using squid and an external
authenicate_program, and it all seems to work with Netscape, lynx,
Internet Explorer. But for some reason when I try to use this with
StarOffice 5.2, I get the typical box asking for the name and password:
e.g.

----
Message from server
407 Proxy Authentication Required
Please enter user name and password for Squid proxy-caching web
server on 137.71.254.7:3128 here.
-----
I enter the username and password, and the box just comes back again.
It does not say authentication failed or anything.  It just comes back with
the login box again.  I also see in the access log:
137.71.254.7 - - [01/Jun/2001:04:42:28 -0400] "GET http://www.google.com/
HTTP/1.0" 407 1383 TCP_DENIED:NONE
I also have the useragent log set up, and I see no entry in the useragent
log for the request.
Anyone know what's going on here, and how to fix it?
Thanks,
-Dave
David Meleedy				Analog Devices, Inc.
David.Meleedy@analog.com		Three Technology Way
Phone: 781 461 3494			Norwood, MA  02062-9106  USA