Re: [squid-users] Squid wont accept dns_children in squid.conf after upgrade

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:21:18 +0200

Raymond Brighenti wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Have been running Squid 2.2.STABLE5 on a FreeBSD 3.2 machine for quite some
> time now with no problems. The other night I upgraded to Squid 2.4.STABLE1.
> I used the same squid.conf which required a little change to the cache line
> and all was running fine except it doesn't like the dns_children line
> anymore and 5 just isn't quite enough.
>
> Anyone know why?

Because Squid-2.4 defaults to use another DNS client implementation
where the limit does not even exists, only limited by amount of memory
available.

If you want Squid to have this limit in number of concurrent DNS
requests then build Squid with --disable-internal-dns, which reverts
Squid to the old sheme used in Squid-2.2 and earlier.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker