Re: [squid-users] compiling squid-HEAD

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 22:44:59 +0100

Just as usual. There is nothing special with the cvs HEAD version
located at cvs.squid-cache.org.

If you are retreiving a development branch from
cvs.devel.squid-cache.org then there is special requirements (you must
then run bootstrap.sh, which requires automake-1.5 or later, autoconf
2.13 and some other tools). However, you should nevere retreive HEAD
from there, only the development branch you are interested in.

Also, if you are only testing then please use the snapshot releases
rather than CVS. The snapshots are timestamped so we know from when your
Squid version is if you find any problems.

Squid Hacker