Re: [squid-users] Accelerator mode

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:44:30 +0100

Are you doing transparent proxying, or is it acceleration?

If transparent proxying, then make sure Squid is compiled with support for
the interception method you use. Linux-2.4 netfilter requires Squid-2.4
compiled with --enable-linux-netfilter, and also you quite likely have not
configured squid.conf properly (httpd_accel_uses_host_header directive
missing).

If it is acceleration / reverse proxying, then you have most likely
misunderstood the use of "httpd_accel_host virtual". "httpd_accel_host
virtual" is for providing IP based virtual hosts, not name based virtual
hosts. IP based virtual hosts also requires a redirector helper to translate
the IP numbers into something useful. Name based virtual hosts are provided
by the httpd_accel_uses_host_header directive.

Squid Hacker