Re: [squid-users] ehyperspace http1.1 compression

From: Michael Kiernan <mkiernan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:02:20 +0100

Hi Edward,

I'm assuming this message was intended for me - I've been away
for a few days.

I've done some basic testing with hyperspace used for
outgoing connections. The idea was to keep the compression
load off the solaris box, hence I can't use mod_gzip.

Apache Server (solaris)

Linux Box Running:
ehyperspace->squid

Browser

The connectivity tests all work, the only modification I had
to make was to turn off the image compression - I'm not sure
which browser that was intended for - Nutscrape doesn't like it,
I don't know about IE.
As for performance, I don't know yet, but it seems to be
fairly cleanly written using a select loop like squid rather
than a fork/thread loop, so that probably will work in it's favour.
We'll see. The other worry was how the cache handles the
compressed objects, but it's working cleanly so far (squid4S1).
I'm not too keen on the config format or the logging format,
but I assume it's hackable.
That's about as far as I've got - what kind of problem are
you having?

- Mike

--
Michael Kiernan