Re: [squid-users] Please help need to close open proxy

From: Mark Wagner <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:52:13 -0800

Thanks... but it didn't work...

I can still set the ip address as proxy in netscape and it will retrive
anysite for me.

Mark

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:00:03PM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Mark Wagner wrote:
> >
> > My Company is using squid to help accellerate and secure our website,
> > our website runs on windows but the squids are linux.
> >
> > Here is the situation:
> >
> > webserver (private ip space)
> > |
> > |_____________________
> > | |
> > | |
> > Squid box Squid Box (both public IPs)
> >
> > DNS is setup to round robin to the ip addresses of the 2 squid boxes.
> >
> > How can I setup an access list that will allow only requests for our
> > web site to be retrived by squid??
>
> acl myserver dst your.private.ip
> acl port80 port 80
> http_access allow myserver port 80
> http_access deny all
>
> > I think part of the problem I'm running into is what do I say is an
> > allowable request??? cuase they are not gonna request the private IP
> > space.
>
> The IP Squid thinks the request is for.
>
> Regards
> Henrik Nordström
> Squid hacker

Mark Wagner                                   Phone - (510) 683-9681
Database Administrator                             mark@oralinux.org
*     www.oralinux.org    www.orasolaris.org    www.orant.org      *
*          Dark Oracle of the Sysadmin Sith Darth SYSDBA           *
the shit ain't over till the last record spins.......