[squid-users] ACL Problems

From: Kelly <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:26:30 -0500

I'll be the first to admit that I've never had to set up a proxy server
before. I'll even go so far as to say that what I've read in the docs & the
conf file have made little sense to me...

Why can I not get a simple access list to work?

I'm trying to run Squid in front of my web server as an accelerator. I want
to allow access to anyone from any place. If I want to ban access, I'll do
so on the firewall. Right now, when I try to access the site I get the
generic "Access Denied, Contact Your Administrator" message.

My current ACL:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_access allow all

To me, that should mean that anyone can get in. So why aren't they? I've
tried various other examples that I've seen in the documentation, but none
of them work either. Is this a bug or am I totally off base here?

Thanks in advance.