[squid-users] user authentication

From: Arindam Haldar <arindamh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 01:26:58 -0500

hi all,

henrik spl thanx 2 u 4 helping me out on pam auth !

1) i have seen that when i use the transparent proxy feature(REDIRECT/netfilter) then auth fails !!. WHILE using browser setting its always OK-----WHY ????

2) users must have a tranparent way of loggin in, so is there a way/patch/anything so that users r not concerned about configuring their browser ??.. for eg some html page which redirects to squid for auth ??

3) can squid read from any other file (manually maintained) for username to check for users to allow browsing/passing ??..if so how ??.. will those users be catched with squid database ?

& last but not the least--i would be thankful to all of u for ur help... as im not a programmer so it would be great if someone guides me thru ....

pls do bear my english....

Arindam Haldar