[squid-users] question regarding hosts file

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:56:54 +0100

Hi,
I have installed squid DEV2.5 with --disable-internal-dns and put hosts_file
/etc/hosts in the squid.conf.
However it does not seem the hosts file is being used.
Also there are about 900 people connected to this proxy and I have every day
WARNING in the cache.log that all dnsserver processes are busy / WARNING: 25
pending requests queued. I increased allready to 25 and read that it should
be more than enough. Do I increase or is there something wrong?
Something I also get regularly (within cache.log) is 'httpMakeVaryMark: 1 /
...' and 'ctx: enter level 0: ...'. It has something todo with the header,
however I do not know what it means exactly.
Would someone mind explaining me a bit?
Thanks!
BR,Koen