[squid-users] redirectors..

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:34:36 +0100

Does every request have to go through a redirector - such as Squirm or
Jesred ?
NB. I'm running squid-2.5 - with rproxy.patch - and using it as an
accelerator.

1)
I read that as of squid 2.3 you can use an ACL to decide which requests
goes through the redirector.. to save speed..

it would be great if you could give me an example on how such a ACL would
look like, if I for instance wanted
aok.dk and www1.aok.dk requests to go to the redirector - which would then
redirect them - internally to www.aok.dk.

My guess would be something like this:

acl rewritedomains dstdomain ^aok.dk www1.aok.dk
url_rewrite_host_header on
url_rewrite_access rewritedomains

2)
Also, according to the jesred docs, it's 2x -3x times faster than squirm..
do any of you have any tips/hints or experiences with any of these two, to
help me decide which I should go with..

And do any of you happen to have a rpm-spec-file for jesred?

Tnx in advance..

-------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------
Klavs Klavsen, IT-coordinator and Systems Administrator at
Metropol Online - http://www.metropol.dk
Tlf. 33752700, Fax 33752720, Email ktk@metropol.dk

Private- Email klavs@klavsen.net - http://www.vsen.dk

It is a myth that people resist change. People resist what other
people make them do, not what they themselves choose to do...
That's why companies that innovate successfully year after year
seek their peopl's ideas, let them initiate new projects and
encourage more experiments. -- Rosabeth Moss Kanter