[squid-users] Using Squid as accelerator with failover mechanism

From: by way of Andre Ruppert <ar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:01:41 +0100

Hello list,

I didn´t found anything similar in the archives,
so I post a new question:

I want to use squid as an accelerator for one dedicated webserver with
special behavoir:

The webserver is up: Squid refreshes immediately when requested and store in
cache
The webserver is down: Squid gives back the cache content _until_ the "real"
webserver is up again.

If that isn´t possible:
Perhaps I have to mirror the webserver´s content with "wget" or something
else to a webserver on the same machine where squid is installed.
The next question is: how force squid to use the mirror and switch back later
to the real one...?

Any hints?

Greetings

--