[squid-users] User ACL

From: Adrian McCray <admccray@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:35:33 -0500

Squid Users,

I am new to the list and wanted to get some advice as to if Squid will
work in my environment. I have a small network (30 users) that also
contains a computer lab (10 pc's). All PC's on the network are using
Windows 9X/ME.

Currently, access to the internet is based on IP controls. This works
ok for some uses but I would loke to move to a USERID based access
control. In looking at the documentation, UserID is one ACL mechanism.
My question is, is Squid Guard able to retrieve the userID of the person
logged into the computer. (BTW, the nework OS in use is NOVELL Netware
5.1 and I would like to cature the Novell ID). Eventually, I would like
to also use Squidguard to implement a simple content filtering solution
for the LAB.

Any and all advice, testimonies are appreciated!

Sincerely,

Adrian McCray
LAN Manager