Re: [squid-users] Squid signal 6 ?

From: Jurgen Hart <j.hart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 14:38:52 +0100

My Config

        OS : RH 6.2 Kernel 2.2.19
        Squid : 2.4 STABLE2

It's running very nice now I cleared out the cache directories, and all
seems to work now. I just not sure why squid locked up. I had a had
changed the debug_options to ALL,5 and previously I had 3 'cache_dir'
entries wich I reduced to 2 after that change I did a '-k reconfigure'.
My guess is that when I issued the '-k reconfigure' Squid did not
rebuild is list off objects in the cache. Because at the point squid
crashed in the access.log file there raised a lot of 'swap-fail' and so
i guess squid tried to rebuild the cache and that's when he screwed up.

--
Jurgen Hart
AKA Jurre