[squid-users] project

From: tk <tk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 23:42:49 +0100

Hello everyone,

As a student, I'm doing a project of porting the patches made by Stefan
R van den Berg (2.2 patches) to the latest stable version or the 2.5
development version of squid.
I need some help, about the next questions:
- Can the patches of the 'old' squid server be applied to the new one's
- and if so, where can I best build this patch on (dev or Stable release) ?
- Who has got an idea to improve the concept and is it possible to apply
the concept to the new versions of squid ?
- which parts of the patches are already taken into a release?
- Has anyone worked with these patches, and if so what were his
experiences in speed improvement ?

I hope to hear from you, I'm currently working through the sources and
figuring out things. Because I mostly doing hardware stuf and never
worked on a large project like this, the "source reading" will take a while.

Any help is welcome,
Thank you for your time,

Tom Otermans,
Student technical computer sience, Netherlands

--
  11:05pm  up 2 days,  1:36, 15 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00