[squid-users] Vedr.: Re: [squid-users] No Median Service times..

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:16:45 +0100

I recompiled - without the --enable-time-hack

and it works like a charm.. :-)

Thanks.

/Klavs

It is/was an experiment to see if gettimeofday() was a performance
bottleneck. On most OS:es it is not, and it turned out the hack had some
unexpected negative sideeffects.

Why still there: Nobody has bothered to remove it.

Squid configure golden rule: Never use any options you do not know you
need. Especially not those named something along the lines of debug or
hack.