Re: [squid-users] Cache Digests.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:28:51 +0100

If you see a LOT of peer cache hits then using both ICP and Digests may be a
better idea than only ICP.

If you see mostly misses, then using only Digests is a good idea.

If you have a very large cache compared to the amount of traffic, then using
only ICP may be advantageous.

If you dislike seeing fairly large transfers of the cache digests every now
and then (about some MB once every second hour I think, size depends on your
cache size) but instead prefer seeing a steady amount of ICP queries then ICP
is probably to prefer for you.

Squid Hacker